Grab a donut, pour yourself a giant glass of orange juice, and cue up the latest episode of Fastbreak Breakfast recapping NBA summer league and the latest free agency and trade news. After enduring an earthquake, betting on 24 basically meaningless basketball games, and placing a well-timed long shot prop bet on Rookie of the Year, Keith (@royira) is back from Las Vegas and ready to face the withering interrogation of Jon (@masterjonburr) and Chuck (@themightychuck).
Among the topics covered this episode:
- Who were the heroes of Summer League? Did any unknown players stand out?
- Have the Hawks flown under the radar with a surprisingly bad offseason? Did they really end up with the Chandler Parsons and Evan Turner contracts and not come away with any assets? Will their draft day trade to acquire De’Andre Hunter combine with the Luka Doncic deal to live in infamy?
- Can you spot the fictional character among Jack Salt, Bennie Boatwright, Shep Morelli, and Frankie Ferrari? Three of those names are basketball players, one is not. A Game of Scones asks: “Summer league player; or fictional character from the world of Dashiell Hammett?”
- What will the Russell Westbrook and James Harden pairing look like? Will Westbrook thrive with more space and shooters? Are triple doubles a thing of the past now?
- With NBA Summer League in the rearview, the true offseason now begins. The long desert of 97 days until opening night with only the oasis of the FIBA World Cup to parch our thirst until then. How will we be spending that time?
Fastbreak Breakfast is a podcast for serious NBA fans that is incredibly not serious. All episodes are available on Apple Podcasts and Soundcloud or any other major podcast service.
Music provided courtesy of New Man and Codaphonic.
If you want to gain access to exclusive Fastbreak Breakfast bonus content including extra full episodes, go to Patreon.com/Fastbreakbreakfast. We believe in supporting the content we enjoy and also building relationships with our biggest fans, and all of that is accomplished at Patreon.com/Fastbreakbreakfast.
At the very least, consider writing us a five-star review on Apple Podcasts!