What has been an underwhelming NBA summer league due to large numbers of the top draft picks not participating was somewhat saved by Jaxson Hayes this week, as his thunderous poster dunk lit up the Vegas night. He and fellow Pelicans first-rounder Nickeil Alexander-Walker are headlining an entertaining New Orleans summer team, which may be a harbinger for the regular season squad which appears to already be a lock for League Pass junkies.
A new episode of Fastbreak Breakfast from Las Vegas discusses the summer Pelicans and the other most entertaining teams, such as the Celtics and Heat. Can Boston rookies Grant Williams and Carsen Edwards translate summer success into the regular season? Are Heat standouts Tyler Herro and Kendrick Nunn the real deal? What other players and teams are making a name for themselves?
In addition to those topics, the following items are covered:
- Is it fair to say the Trae Young for Luka Doncic deal is starting to look even worse after summer league?
- What role will Lonnie Walker have on the Spurs next season?
- How did the Grizzlies end up stealing restricted free agents in consecutive summers?
- Why are the Knicks struggling so badly? Is Mitchell Robinson overrated? Has Kevin Knox lost his confidence?
- What will the ripple effect be of Kawhi Leonard agreeing to a 2+1 deal instead of a longer contract?
Also, the story of how our Fastbreak Breakfast #BOBAN t-shirt ended up in the hands of Mark Cuban and Rick Carlisle.
Fastbreak Breakfast is a podcast for serious NBA fans that is incredible not serious.
Music provided courtesy of New Man and Codaphonic.
If you want to gain access to exclusive Fastbreak Breakfast bonus content including extra full episodes, go to Patreon.com/Fastbreakbreakfast. We believe in supporting the content we enjoy and also building relationships with our biggest fans, and all of that is accomplished at Patreon.com/Fastbreakbreakfast.
At the very least, consider writing us a five-star review on Apple Podcasts!