The All-Star break is over and the NBA now gears up for the final stretch run with numerous scintillating storylines, including whether LeBron James- who has appeared in eight consecutive NBA Finals- will even get the Lakers into the postseason.
However, as compelling as that is, at Fastbreak Breakfast we wouldn’t mind putting that storyline off for a few more days because it turns out we LOVED the All-Star Break. And we don’t mean we loved seeing the hilarious dunks of this year’s contest. We mean the days without NBA were invigorating and restful and we could use a few more.
So while we do share our opinions about what the final two dozen games may have in store of the Lakers, on a new episode we also regale with stories of skipping watching All-Star Saturday night to compete in a Magic: The Gathering tournament and catching up on our Netflix queues.
- How did Mike Conley let us down with his Skills Challenge performance?
- What other props and participants should John Collins have added to his unfortunate aviation dunk?
- Is James Harden’s step-back three an unstoppable move?
- Will Zion Williamson’s injury help turn public opinion against the amateur athletic model?
- If you were a non-player character in a video game, what would you want your one line of dialogue to be?
- Inspired by the Open Floor podcast: Who is the worst player who could successfully demand a trade and get a coach fired?
If you want to gain access to exclusive Fastbreak Breakfast bonus content including extra full episodes, go to Patreon.com/Fastbreakbreakfast. We believe in supporting the content we enjoy and also building relationships with our biggest fans, and all of that is accomplished at Patreon.com/Fastbreakbreakfast.
At the very least, consider writing us a five-star review on Apple Podcasts!