The NBA Playoffs begin on Saturday, Apr. 16. Here are the matchups for the first-round.
The 2021-22 NBA regular season has officially reached its conclusion on Sunday night. With that, it is time for the playoffs, where teams will be vying for the coveted Larry O’Brien trophy.
There will be eight teams from each conference that will be looking to clinch a spot in the NBA Finals. For each conference, the top six teams have already clinched playoff spots, while four will participate in the Play-In Tournament for the No. 7 and 8 seeds.
Below are the official seedings in the Eastern and Western Conference brackets, as well as the teams partaking in the Play-In Tournament.
NBA Playoffs 2022: Full seeding and matchups
- No. 1 Miami Heat vs. No. 8 seed
- No. 2 Boston Celtics vs. No. 7 seed
- No. 3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. No. 6 Chicago Bulls
- No. 4 Philadelphia 76ers vs. No. 5 Toronto Raptors
Eastern Conference Play-In Tournament
- No. 7 Brooklyn Nets
- No. 8 Cleveland Cavaliers
- No. 9 Atlanta Hawks
- No. 10 Charlotte Hornets
Winner of Nets/Cavaliers clinches the No. 7 seed. Loser of Nets/Cavaliers takes on winner of Hawks/Hornets for a chance to secure the No. 8 seed.
- No. 1 Phoenix Suns vs. No. 8 seed
- No. 2 Memphis Grizzlies vs. No. 7 seed
- No. 3 Golden State Warriors vs. No. 6 Denver Nuggets
- No. 4 Dallas Mavericks vs. No. 5 Utah Jazz
Western Conference Play-In Tournament
- No. 7 Minnesota Timberwolves
- No. 8 Los Angeles Clippers
- No. 9 New Orleans Pelicans
- No. 10 San Antonio Spurs
Winner of Timberwolves/Clippers clinches the No. 7 seed. Loser of Timberwolves/Clippers takes on winner of Pelicans/Spurs for a chance to secure the No. 8 seed.